There is a wide variety of scholarships available for international students from many sources including individual Institutes themselves, the Irish Government, and other organisations. These are awarded solely at the discretion of the individual organisations that set down their own criteria for eligibility. Students are advised to contact the institution or organisation of their choice directly, to obtain more detailed information
Links to a number of scholarship sources
- The Government of Ireland International Education Scholarship
- Full scholarship to Study Abroad in Ireland
- DIT Centenary Scholarship Programme
- Galway Mayo Institute of Technology scholarships
- Opportunities in Ireland for Ontario College Graduates
- Irish Research Council for the Humanities and Social Sciences (IRCHSS): IRCHSS funds cutting-edge research in the humanities, social sciences, business and law with the objective of creating new knowledge and expertise beneficial to Ireland's economic, social and cultural development. Through its membership of the European Science Foundation, the Research Council is committed to integrating Irish research in European and international networks of expertise.
- Waterford Institute of Technology Scholarships
The Government of Ireland International Scholarship Scheme is a key element in the delivery of a quality teaching, learning and research experience for students and staff and for building international engagement for the sector. The aim of the 2018 scheme is to reflect Ireland’s engagement in target markets. The scheme is funded in partnership between the Government and the higher education institutions. Scholarships are prestigious awards reflecting the core messages about Ireland as a centre of international education.
The schemes are awarded:
- to high calibre higher education students from non-EU/EEA countries;
- to study in Ireland for a period of one year
The scheme is managed by the Higher Education Authority (HEA), on behalf of the Department of Education and Skills. Government of Ireland International Education Scholarships will be awarded to high calibre students from non-EU/EEA countries to study full-time in Ireland for a period of one year. More information can be found here.