The delivery of higher education requires an input from well-motivated and highly-qualified staff. Ensuring that Institutes can recruit and retain such staff is a key objective for the sector.
THEA provides a representative and advocacy role at national level for the Institutes of Technology in the area of Human Resources. Assisted by human resource professionals from across the sector, and with the support of the Department of Education and Skills, THEA participates in negotiations on industrial relations matters with the unions represented in the sector – TUI, Fórsa, UNITE and SIPTU – at various fora and through the State’s industrial relations machinery.
These fora include:
- Industrial Relations Forum for Academic Staff
- THEA/Forsa Industrial Relations Forum for Administrative and Library Staff
- Technological Universities National Negotiation Forum for Academic Staff
- Technological Universities National Negotiation Forum for Professional, Management and Support Staff
Click on the link above to download the Terms of Reference for the forum that you are interested in.
THEA also works to promote better HR practices within the Institutes and current work is focussed on developing updated Recruitment and Selection Policies and Procedures.
There are many agreements, reports and circulars in relation to Human Resources which will be accessible from this site. These will be organised thematically under the following headings:
- Recruitment and Selection
- Salary Scales for Institute of Technology Employees
- Terms and Conditions for Academic Employees
- Terms and Conditions for Professional, Management and Support Employees