Engagement aims to link teaching and learning and research and innovation closely together, creating partnerships with business, industry, civic and international organisations, and enabling students and staff to reach out into the community. Delivering engagement places the Technological Higher Education Institutions (THEIs) at the centre of social, civic, political and economic capital in their local communities. It also assists the THEIs in fulfilling their mission to produce work-ready graduates who are prepared for roles responding to regional and national economic and societal needs.
The main stakeholder groups in the THEIs engagement agenda are:
- Learners – at all stages of their lifelong learning journey, from prospective student to alumnus and everything in-between
- Staff – including academic, professional, management and support staff
- Partners in the Higher Education sector – other Higher Education Institutions and representative bodies
- Business and enterprise – regionally and nationally
- Civic and community partners
- International partners